Pages

Thursday 31 July 2014

Adultify

Do you ever fall in love with an article of clothing, but feel that you might be too old for it?  This happens to me every so often, and I usually shy away from the piece.  Recently I fell in love with a skirt. It happens to be a bit wider and shorter than what I am usually comfortable with.

It was purchased, and brought home with me. Now I am stuck with the problem, how do I 'adultify' this skirt to work for a women in her mid (okay mid-late) thirties?

How short is too short?  How wide is too wide?  I decided to say 'To hell with it', and rock it anyways. As long as I'm comfortable (well, almost, did I say it's short), and feel great, that's what should matter, right?


Sneakers, Heels

How do you 'adultify' a younger look, to work for your age?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:07 pm

    Good post however I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this
    topic? I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit more.
    Bless you!

    Also visit my blog: online blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel!

      Great question 

      We love to pair a statement piece; maybe a shorter, flared skirt or a fun, printed trouser, with a clean crisp button down to ‘Adultify’ a look…
      Check out these posts:

      http://calliopeandclio.blogspot.com/2014/05/spring-uniform-dress-it-up.html

      and

      http://calliopeandclio.blogspot.ca/2014/06/garters-and-garb.html

      xo
      C&C

      Delete

We love & appreciate your comments.
Thanks for chatting with us.


-Calliope + Clio

Shop